Vertical AdvancAir® ECU
The project was an environmental control unit (ECU) for a clean room in a research complex that presented challenges in both space restriction and climate control. The project needed multiple clean room air conditioners that could fit into a small, restrictive space while still providing the temperature, humidity, and static pressure control required for the clean room. Make-up air (MUA) conditions of 94°F (34°C) & 50% RH maximum and 55°F (13°C) & 25% RH minimum conditions and substantial make up airflow proved to be an even tougher challenge than the restrictive spacing. In addition, the unit needed to fit under a standard doorway in order to move through the facilities.
Air Innovations designed an AdvancAir clean room air conditioning system using its 34” x 34” cube design that would fit into the restrictive space, while also satisfying the required environmental conditions. The water-cooled environmental control unit (ECU) was built and shipped in two pieces for ease of on-site transport throughout the customer’s facility. The temperature and humidity requirements were met and controlled to within ±2°F (1°C) and ±5% RH. Each unit provided 5,000 CFM of air to the clean room, 750 CFM of which was MUA taken from outdoors. The design of the ECU included an ultrasonic humidifier to control humidity, and make up air sections with motorized dampers to control room static pressure.
- Each water-cooled unit measured 132” x 34” x 34” in order to fit into the small operational space
- 1,500 CFM of total exhaust, 750 CFM per unit, with air taken directly from outside
- Design output conditions of 68°F (20°C) (±2°F or 1°C) and 45% RH (±5% relative humidity)
- Maximum make up air conditions of 94°F (34°C) & 50% RH and minimum input conditions of 55°F (13°C) & 25% RH.
- Includes ultrasonic humidification
- Automatic static pressure control
- ETL Certified
If you would like to see case studies for other industries, view our general case studies page. We also have whitepapers available covering the aerospace industry, the semiconductor industry, and our Micro Environments product line. These whitepapers can be found here.